Tangentially Speaking Fans: Meet Here
Please introduce yourself in your regional (country/state/city) forum. Tell us a little about yourself. If no regional forum exists for you, just message Administrators and we will happily add one for you.
If you are using a mobile device, you will need to use "Desktop" mode in order to register.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/26/2017 5:58 pm  #1

Proposed reading group

This thread is to discuss setting up a reading group(s). Please indicate your interest, suggest suitable books. How would we "meet"?

6/29/2017 3:58 am  #2

Re: Proposed reading group

I woukd be down with some reading!

Etienne

6/29/2017 5:45 am  #3

I assume we won't be reading fiction… any suggestions for titles or subject areas? I have A Short History Of Progress[/url] by Ronald Wright and [url=https://books.google.es/books?id=WZEv9Rp9dMQC&printsec=frontcover&dq=The+World+Without+Us&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=The%20World%20Without%20Us&f=false]The World Without Us by Alan Weisman lined up on my virtual bookshelf, what do you think?

7/11/2017 6:13 am  #4

…tumbleweed drifts across the screen…

I'm still here… what about you all?

9/22/2017 7:42 pm  #5

A Short History of Progress is on my list of books to read as well.  Have you started reading it yet PeterPotbelly?

10/26/2017 10:50 pm  #6

LutingJester wrote:

A Short History of Progress is on my list of books to read as well.  Have you started reading it yet PeterPotbelly?

I must have dropped off there, Chris, sorry! Yes, I read ASHoP, it is indeed very short, but worthwhile.

Board footera