Tangentially Speaking Fans: Meet Here
Please introduce yourself in your regional (country/state/city) forum. Tell us a little about yourself. If no regional forum exists for you, just message Administrators and we will happily add one for you.
If you are using a mobile device, you will need to use "Desktop" mode in order to register.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/16/2017 4:17 pm  #1

Moab

Hello TS Tribe. Long time listener of TS, long time resident of Moab, lots of knowledge about all the cool stuff to do in Moab. Currently focused on a long term parenting project, great success thus far. When it's done maybe I'll be a guide, travel more, certainly more Carpe fucking Diem. 

RadioMonoPappaChango!!!

6/22/2017 8:28 pm  #2

Re: Moab

Hi MoabMoreau... lucky you! love canyon country, and every bit of the natural area I've experienced around Moab seems infused with a certain weird magic quality. I really wish everyone could experience the sort of perspective shift that comes with feeling so positively small in space and time out there.

What is your parenting project about? Congrats on the success you mentioned! what does that mean for you? What kind of guide might you be when the project is complete?

well wishes from your CO neighbor : )

6/23/2017 3:11 am  #3

Re: Moab

Our son starts his senior year in H.S. this year. I'd like to keep my good pay/health insurance job until he's through college. So, in about five years I can take a two month trip (instead of a two week trip) to cooler climates in the summer, and go to Tucson for a month in the winter instead of a week. Our day trips on the river can become overnight trips. There are several companies in town that drive tourists around in big air conditioned SUV's, I'd like to don a cowboy hat, put on a western style vest (put on an act is what I'd be doing), then talk about geology, biology, and history for hopefully big tips. There's hiking companies that lead people all over too, I could do that also. One of my favorite hikes is to take people to Delicate Arch at night (when there's way less people). 

Board footera