Tangentially Speaking Fans: Meet Here
Please introduce yourself in your regional (country/state/city) forum. Tell us a little about yourself. If no regional forum exists for you, just message Administrators and we will happily add one for you.
If you are using a mobile device, you will need to use "Desktop" mode in order to register.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/14/2022 4:30 am  #1

Why do people suffering from dementia sometimes start singing old song

Why do people suffering from dementia sometimes start singing old songs even though they don't remember the lyrics anymore?

10/15/2022 9:38 pm  #2

Re: Why do people suffering from dementia sometimes start singing old song

Hi there, first of all please mind that a great deal of research has been done into the possible links between music and dementia over the past quarter century. So, it can be really helpful for such patients. Songs for dementia will benefit the patients socially and emotionally from musical activities like listening, singing, dancing, and playing instruments. To get more details on the topic I advise this resource about songs for dementia. Good luck

10/15/2022 9:58 pm  #3

Re: Why do people suffering from dementia sometimes start singing old song

oliviabacker wrote:

Hi there, first of all please mind that a great deal of research has been done into the possible links between music and dementia over the past quarter century. So, it can be really helpful for such patients. Songs for dementia will benefit the patients socially and emotionally from musical activities like listening, singing, dancing, and playing instruments. To get more details on the topic I advise this resource about songs for dementia. Good luck

Cool idea by the way. I hope it will make sense for me. Thanx a lot for sharing

Board footera