Tangentially Speaking Fans: Meet Here
Please introduce yourself in your regional (country/state/city) forum. Tell us a little about yourself. If no regional forum exists for you, just message Administrators and we will happily add one for you.
If you are using a mobile device, you will need to use "Desktop" mode in order to register.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/15/2017 1:55 pm  #1

Newbie here :)

Hi!,

I am new to Chris's TS podcast, so I don't have much to comment regarding the podcast yet. HOWEVER....

I just finished reading Sex at Dawn and felt so validated by so many of Chris and Cacilda's findings. I was surprised to learn that sex is social, and amused their findings concluded to be human is to be promiscuous, unlike what many religions teach.

I was (actually still am) in a sexless marriage. My part in it was looking for a daddy figure and financial stability. His part in it is being raised VERY catholic, being sexually abused by camp counselor at a catholic camp, and coming home to learn sex is only for making, as my husband now puts it "more catholics". 

My journey in therapy has been incredible over the last 3 years. We are now in an open marriage - which I take advantage of, and he does not. It also bothers him that I have a relationship with another man, but he's the one that offered the open marriage, so that's for him to deal with. Callous? Maybe, but I also spent 18 years of a relationship without intimacy, connection, or fucking. 

I've now started a business that offers support to others living in sexless marriage and I am so excited to offer them my support, validation, and help them understand they are deserving of love.

It's a sad epidemic in the US and doesn't seem to be getting better. Although perhaps in some ways it is, but society still teaches us that we are looking for "the one". We need to teach them to find "the one that's right for now".

*V

More Orgasms = Happier People = World Peace
I can dream can't I?
https://sexlessmarriage.support/

5/16/2017 4:26 am  #2

Re: Newbie here :)

Venus wrote:

I've now started a business that offers support to others living in sexless marriage and I am so excited to offer them my support, validation, and help them understand they are deserving of love.

Love? I thought it was sex they weren't getting? 

Anyways, hello, Venus! It's interesting to see the start of this forum. I wonder what it will evolve into. I'm hoping it won't be a reddit clone, or a Meetup.com with a Chris Ryan theme. I'm voting that we organise into the Tangentially Speaking Army and slowly take over the world through military means.

yes that last part was a joke, I'm too lazy to march to a rhythm... Or march at all. 

5/16/2017 2:49 pm  #3

HA! Hello Marori!

Ah yes, the TSA! Hahahahaha!!!!  

And yes, I meant love - I can speak backwards and forwards on the emotional effects of sexless marriage which are depression, anxiety, rejection, feeling unloved, etc. Not sure this is the place to discuss it, but I will happily share my site with anyone willing to check it out. 

Let's teach the TSA and create a celebratory drink!

More Orgasms = Happier People = World Peace
I can dream can't I?
https://sexlessmarriage.support/

6/13/2017 5:05 pm  #4

two cents from the clouds here but I feel like a tangentially speaking "army" is sort of an oxymoron.  We're just trying to get people laid and spun, right?  Last time I checked I didn't need an army to do that haha!

9/18/2022 10:28 pm  #5

Investments, that bring a good income are always made to forex. Here you can get no deposit bonus forex Kenya. Good luck!

Board footera