Tangentially Speaking Fans: Meet Here
Please introduce yourself in your regional (country/state/city) forum. Tell us a little about yourself. If no regional forum exists for you, just message Administrators and we will happily add one for you.
If you are using a mobile device, you will need to use "Desktop" mode in order to register.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/27/2017 11:52 am  #1

Anyone in Hawaii?

I live on the Big Island, would like to meet other TS fans here, or on the other islands. Thanks! Steve

The Administrators (people who can add new regional sub-forums) are:

Steve Herman drsteveherman@gmail.com (please email me with technical problems)
Chris Ryan chrisryanphd@gmail.com

8/28/2017 1:57 pm  #2

Re: Anyone in Hawaii?

Aloha,
I'm in Hawaii, specifically on Oahu.  I'm from Waialua but I've been all over the world.  I am actually catching up with the podcasts.  I'm on ROMA 18 currently, that's what led me here, and I have about 20 more to go until I'm fully caught up.  
The reason I got backlogged was that I just recently returned to the country after being gone since January.    
Nice to meet you and I hope this sub-forum will grow.
Steve, if you're on Oahu, let's get a beer, coffee, or tea, depending on the time of day.  

Real Estate Investor & Agent
U.S. Armed Forces
Criminal Justice & Business Degree
Full Time Go-Getter / Part Time Drunk

8/28/2017 4:38 pm  #3

Thanks! Will look forward to that. Please say hi if you are ever over on this island. drsteveherman@gmail.com  best, Steve

The Administrators (people who can add new regional sub-forums) are:

Steve Herman drsteveherman@gmail.com (please email me with technical problems)
Chris Ryan chrisryanphd@gmail.com

4/16/2018 5:12 pm  #4

Just listened to my first Tangentially Speaking... with Bruce Damer... loved it... I live on west side of Oahu, Makaha... just wanted to see how many people were listening on Oahu... would be interested in a meet up for Coffe or something...

6/29/2018 1:00 am  #5

Big island right here!
I started to jump around in the poadcast order last year but I have lissioned to over half at least half.

I remember finding Christopher Ryan’s podcast by looking up psychedelics or something more  avant-garde than whatever NPR was putting out.
then I saw it Tangentially Speaking. ** JAZZ hands** it has a undeniable ring!
And presented the word “tangent “ in a way I had not experienced before.
It is amazing what the (-ially) added to my perception of a word. I had filed away that all tangents must be melodramatic and lost somewhere between nervous school girl and angry neg mom.

i was wrong indeed.

Honestly I don’t think I really even paid attention to the first few podcast, yet still enjoyed the way it seemed to be just as much of a tangental experance for everyone. I enjoyed and listened because he didnt demand a whole lot context to follow along and was not going to pretend to be a daytime talk show.You know the kind of dead set crazy propagator that want you to boggle you down with frivolousness till you think keeping up with trends and gossip is the fulfillment.

Basically I love the fearlessness and way the podcast works thru the layers of issues. Leaving you, at a place to experience a mindfulness of sweet human experience. Got to love the odd poetics that comes with a conversation made between strangers who will probably never meet.

The first epiphany I had was a real obvious yet so unnoticed and out of control.
the Doc was saying he was spending a lot of time collecting random content from websites
And became a sort of collector sea urchin of stuff he never went back to.

So obvious yet unaware.
I was doing the same and this realization it hit hard. I went from college student "Doing research" to nervous  squirrel and didn’t even notice. There no way to stop stopped I love the PDFs
but I did write a poem and stumbled into a obsession with maps that complements my passion for places in the wilds of Hawaii and keeps my wish list of obscure  exploration destinations long.

6/30/2020 10:49 pm  #6

I'd be interested to know. I'm planning a trip to Hawaii.

11/09/2021 3:21 am  #7

hi allhi allhi allhi allhi allhi allhi allhi allhi all

11/09/2021 3:23 am  #8

what are you doing here  ? 

11/06/2023 2:47 am  #9

How is the situation there after the fires?
Has the infrastructure been severely damaged?

Board footera