Tangentially Speaking Fans: Meet Here
Please introduce yourself in your regional (country/state/city) forum. Tell us a little about yourself. If no regional forum exists for you, just message Administrators and we will happily add one for you.
If you are using a mobile device, you will need to use "Desktop" mode in order to register.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/16/2017 4:55 am  #1

Introduction thread

Hi! Thought maybe I'd make an thread for people to quickly introduce themselves? O
Here are the guidelines:
Introduce yourself.
When did you read Sex at Dawn?
How do you listen to Tangentially speaking?
Post a picture you've taken
(of whatever, or don't post a picture if you don't want to.. remember to use a photosite that downsizes the pictures!).

- My name's Martin 31 man from Oslo, Norway. I love traveling. last places where Tokyo for a few months, and US for a few months.
- Haven't read Sex at dawn :/
- I usually listen to the podcast on the train/plane or when I'm working. Can't tell you how many times it has kept me sane.

Picture I took late night in Norway.

5/16/2017 8:36 am  #2

Re: Introduction thread

Thanks Martin! I love Norway. Steve

The Besseggen Ridge trail 

Last edited by Administrators (5/16/2017 8:38 am)

The Administrators (people who can add new regional sub-forums) are:

Steve Herman drsteveherman@gmail.com (please email me with technical problems)
Chris Ryan chrisryanphd@gmail.com

5/17/2017 2:27 am  #3

60 year old male from the Uk here. First read 'Sex at Dawn' about 3 years ago. Wish I'd read it when I was 20 - much distress might have been avoided!Usually listen to Chris at home on my laptop. Looking forward to 'Civilized to Death' Didn't see what's going on here at first[/url]

5/18/2017 2:35 am  #4

Hi😊

-My name is Kenneth, I'm 32 and I live near Oslo, Norway.

-I listened to the Sex at Dawn audiobook for the first time about 2 years ago. Since then I've listened to it a couple more times. I can't wait for Civilized to death to come out.

-The podcast is one of the highlights of my work week. I'm an electrician and I listen to podcasts and audiobooks basically all day at work (like Marori said, it keeps me sane). Tangentially speaking is my favorite so I try to save it for my drive home from work. That way I have something to look forward to that day, and I can listen to it without distractions.

Chris' way of seeing western culture, prehistory, sexuality, traveling and life in general really resonates with me. I've gotten my mind blown so many times listening to the podcast these last couple of years, that I think alot of what has shaped my way of thinking about these things is thanks to Chris.
This forum is a great idea, and I hope to get to know others who appreciate Chris' work. Any Norwegians (or any other nationality) who wants to meet up some time for a coffee and a tangential conversation, just let me know😊

5/19/2017 1:33 am  #5

Hi!
My name is Daniela, I´m a 36 year old woman from Oldenburg, Germany.
I´m still reading Sex at Dawn and I listen on iTunes to Tangentially Speaking. I love Chris and his way of thinking and thats why I listen mostly to the Intros and the ROMAs  the last ROMA was released on my Birthday so it was a kind of a personal Birthday present for me, which made me very happy 
I hope to have some interesting conversations with other listeners from all over the world, hopefully meet some German listeners and practice my English 

5/24/2017 7:08 am  #6

Tanguru here, currently marooned in Alabama. I read SAD in November 2013, then gave a copy to two friends. One of them returned it immediately, and lectured me on their religious beliefs. The one I still call friend has yes to read it, but there is hope. Am currently digging the podcasts, looking forward to CTD!

Last edited by Tanguru (5/24/2017 7:16 am)

6/01/2017 10:16 am  #7

Hi..
I am Ophelia, 28. Originally from the Netherlands, but now living in Prague, Czech Republic.

Haven't read Sex at Dawn yet, but I will soon (ordered the book). 

I first heard Chris Ryan on the Joe Rogan podcast and since then I didn't miss an episode. I work from home, so I listen to a bunch of podcasts all day. Tangentially speaking is one of my absolute favourites.

I am so grateful for this podcast, because I've been thinking the things Chris Ryan talks about intuitively for a long time. He gives me the words/theories to express myself better and of course he gives me a lot more to think about. It's an amazing feeling to finally find people who share the same ideas even if they are on the other side of the world. 

I'd be so happy to meet up with other fans! I like to travel 

6/11/2017 4:19 am  #8

Hello all,
My name is Thomas and I'm a 22 yr old "military brat" living around the US for the summer working on my parents rentals for the summer. When I am back in school though I'm in NYC. I haven't read Sex at Dawn yet but I listen to the podcast and haven't missed one since I heard him on Joe Rogans podcast. I really enjoy his perspective and I always love the music recommendation.

6/13/2017 4:39 pm  #9

Thanks to whoever set this up.  How cool would a Tangentially Speaking party be? 
My name is Chuck and I live in a sleepy resort town in the northeast nestled into the eastern slope of the Green Mountains.  I'm 34 and I work from home.  So I never miss a podcast.  I first heard Chris on Rogan maybe a year ago.  Let me just say that I don't think there is a better time to be exposed to Sex At Dawn then right after a break-up.  Talk about a soft landing.  I've read it 3 times and it has literally changed my world.  Obviously for the better  Every time I read it I discover something new and profound.  Has anyone else out there had trouble encouraging contemporaries to read Sex At Dawn?  Between the title, the cover image, and the fact that I'm sure I sound like a bit of a zealot when I get all worked up about it... Well I think it suffices to say that its not a great sales pitch.  I would post a photo but have no clue how to do it with a URL.  Not exactly tech savvy up here in the Northeast Kingdom.

6/19/2017 11:13 am  #10

yeaaa a tangentially speaking party would be awesome! Where do we all meet

I actually never read sex at dawn. Why should I read it according to you?

Board footera