Tangentially Speaking Fans: Meet Here
Please introduce yourself in your regional (country/state/city) forum. Tell us a little about yourself. If no regional forum exists for you, just message Administrators and we will happily add one for you.
If you are using a mobile device, you will need to use "Desktop" mode in order to register.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/24/2017 3:12 pm  #1

Listener in Boulder CO

Hey friends, just heard Chris talk about this place and thought I'd throw up a flag. Hit me up if you're in the area! 

6/22/2017 8:33 pm  #2

Re: Listener in Boulder CO

Hey clic7025 : )
I'm in the area, so hitting you up!

what's your favorite thing to do around Boulder?

6/23/2017 8:06 am  #3

Hey dietza

Oh cool, didn't know if anyone would actually respond. CO is definitely the best place ever
I really like to snowboard when it's the season. Besides that I love backpacking/hiking and am wanting to get into river kayaking but haven't done that yet.

Lately I've just been reading in my hammock, riding my bike, and just generally bumming around haha. Boulder is a good place for that.

What about you? 

6/23/2017 9:24 am  #4

agreed... Boulder is a great place to bum around - that plus the hammock and bike, sounds like you'd make Uncle Chris proud! and yeah, if I'm gonna be settled in a specific area for a long term, this is such a beautiful place for it to be!
Been in Boulder-ish for about 5yrs now and still have never tried snowboarding or skiing (I know, shame on me!), but the snowshoes kept me hiking through the seasons : ) Especially since it's warmed up though, hitting the trails as very much as possible! running them unless I've got my pack on. Doing Marroon Bells for a few days coming up, but honestly haven't backpacked all that much locally - cool spot suggestions nearby?

6/24/2017 5:23 am  #5

Haha nah, no shame about not snowboarding or skiing. It's expensive and actually kind of a hassle. There's a lot of driving and traffic involved most of the time. I need to get on trails more often. I thru-hiked the Colorado Trail last summer but haven't done any real hiking since, Segment 4 of the CT was really beautiful and not that far away. It's off of Wellington Lake Road Trailhead in the Lost Creek Wilderness. It's a bunch of switchbacks up to this giant 14 mile-long mountain meadow.

12/12/2017 8:22 am  #6

Hey=1em sorry to fall off the forum there for a while - hope you (or any other Boulder area listeners) might still be checking in! Once it started getting chilly on the front range, followed the sun west to play in the desert a few times. Thought this may be the year to finally try the skiing/snowboarding since i never managed to last year, but expensive is right, so the timing may not be : /
That section of the CT you were describing sounds really beautiful though! Definitely going to have to get the plan together and do that one when it's warming up again.
Since it's kinda between seasons now with these shorter, colder days and the snow not quite here, what've you been up to? Still around the area, I guess I'm assuming?

11/26/2018 1:52 pm  #7

I just moved to Fort Collins from southern Utah. Always up for an excuse to visit Boulder and meet fellow TS listeners. 

Also, if anyone is up for some bikepacking or mountain biking, lemme know!

Board footera