Tangentially Speaking Fans: Meet Here
Please introduce yourself in your regional (country/state/city) forum. Tell us a little about yourself. If no regional forum exists for you, just message Administrators and we will happily add one for you.
If you are using a mobile device, you will need to use "Desktop" mode in order to register.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/14/2017 12:24 pm  #1

Tangentially Speaking in Munich?!?

Hello there,

my name's Andreas and I've been listening to the podcast since almost from the beginning and - of course - read Sex @ Dawn (and admittedly Sex at Dusk as well).
I really do enjoy listening to Tangenially Speaking even if I must say that for usually do listen to the intros only or to the ROMAs. I am mostly not very interested in the guests but more in Chis' rants and thoughts. Whatever, I would be very glad to meet other TS listeners in Munich where I am living,
I could have written this in German but I guess if you are showing up here you must be able to read English if you are among the TS audience.

With the best wishes to everybody in the "tribe" all around the world.
Andreas

5/19/2017 1:02 am  #2

Re: Tangentially Speaking in Munich?!?

Hey Andreas,
I´m from Oldenburg (close to Bremen) so Munich is unfortunately far far away... but this is a young forum so hopefully there will be more fans from Germany. 
Its funny that you´re only listening to the intros and ROMAs, cause so do I!! I think Chris should mark those episodes with more content of his book and Civilized to death, because most people he´s interviewing are quite interesting, but i´m not interested ;)
Greetings to all the listeners 
Daniela

5/22/2017 6:22 am  #3

Hello Daniela,

yes Oldenburg is a "little" too far away. But who knows, one day you might be in Munich or  I will come to Oldenburg?
I wonder how many people in Germany are listening to the podcast. Perhaps Chris might like to answer that, if he is reading the posts here. In your other post you wrote, that you are still reading S@D. Are you reading it in English or in German? I must say I was really disappointed when I saw the German title was "Sex- Die wahre Geschichte" (for English speakers: this means "Sex - The true (hi)story"). What a silly title!! I guess that was the publishers idea.
I was looking forward to a German edition. And now? If I recommend that book to somebody I will have to convince them to read it despite it's title.

Greetings
Andreas

5/23/2017 2:44 am  #4

Howdy,

I'm in Berlin, anyone else?

Be well
M.

5/28/2017 10:42 am  #5

Hi Andreas,
I read S@D in German and yes, it´s a really silly title! But I´m glad that it exists in German, cause I´m a kind of AD(H)S, so reading is hard for me, takes a lot of time and it´s quite impossible to read english books...
Do you have favourite quotes from Chris? Mine is "acknowledge that you´re an animal: you eat, you fuck, you shit, you die!" He said it in the conversation with the Gansta Gardener Ron Finley. One should make a car sticker/label out of it  or put it on new TShirts  
By the way, do you have a shirt from Chris? I´d love to have one, but the postage is so high!
Greets

6/07/2017 5:38 am  #6

Hello Daniela,

sorry for the delay.
No I do not favour any particular qoute from Chris. And no shirt here. When it comes to AD(H)D: did you listen to the episode with Gabor Maté? They talk a lot about it.

Greetings
Andreas

6/10/2017 3:31 am  #7

Hi Andreas,
no, didn´t hear the one with Gabor Mate, thanks for the hint!
Greets Dani

6/12/2017 1:45 am  #8

Hi  ​Spunzel
I also live in Berlin. Would like to meet some like-minded people. TS community could be just a way to tap into similar mindsets. Anyone?

I could not resist and ordered my Civilised to death shirt. I love it. 
I bought it mainly to eventually get someone to stop me and say 'hi!' That never happened yet

12/04/2017 10:37 am  #9

Hello Abi,

it's nice to hear from you. I would really like to meet another TS listener. I guess it will be hard to build a group with more than two members right now, but it would be a start. Where are you located? I am living in Haidhausen.

LG
Andreas

12/04/2017 11:49 am  #10

Yeah, I remember it being somewhat weird to send a private message for the first time. Yes, please keep me updated on Friday evening.

Board footera